The Knitting & Stitching Show, RDS Dublin
17 December 2018
The Knitting & Stitching Show is Ireland’s biggest event for the textile art, craft and design community. The Dublin show takes place at the RDS every November and is a paradise for passionate textile enthusiasts.
Show staples include galleries by leading textile artists, groups and graduates, over 150 workshops and demonstrations covering every textile craft imaginable (embroidery, dressmaking, goldwork, crochet, needle felting to name a few), drop-in crochet lessons and over 150 specialist craft suppliers from all over the world. With show content aimed at every level of crafter, from complete beginners to seasoned stitchers, there is truly something for everyone.
Stitchers flocked to Dublin from all over Ireland for the 25th annual event which offered
- Exhibitions of textile art in the Galleries from artists including Nigel Cheney, Karen Garfen, the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland, The Irish Patchwork Society and many more.
- The TOFT Edward’s Menagerie collection of amigurumi crochet animals
- A crochet hangout for crafters and Instagram friends to catch up
- The Creative Living Theatre offering free demos from sewing experts all day every day
- A mindfulness hangout where visitors could escape the crowds and enjoy the benefits of craft on their sense of wellbeing.