The Knitting & Stitching Show London
17 December 2018
The Spring Knitting & Stitching Show is perfectly timed for dusting off the sewing machine and thinking about new projects for the year ahead. Offering great shopping, inspirational displays, competitions, free demos and hundreds of workshops in a spacious and light modern venue, this is the biggest craft show of the Spring.
Aimed at seasoned stitchers and beginners alike, this show celebrates the art of stitching with a particular focus on dressmaking.
Reasons to visit include:
- Over 200 exhibitors selling specialist supplies for everything from dressmaking to knitting and crochet, embroidery, patchwork & quilting, felt making, beadwork, spinning, weaving, dyeing and more. Try a new sewing machine, stock up on fabric or add to your yarn stash!
- A handful of galleries exhibiting the best in textile art from contemporary artists including quilts from the Quilters’ Guild.
- For 2019 a preview of Zandra Rhodes: 50 Years of Fabulous can be seen in Olympia ahead of the exhibition at The Fashion & Textile museum.
- The Creative Living Theatre offering free demonstrations on everything from quilting conundrums to tailoring tips.
- The Learning Curve workshops offering a huge range of classes on everything from stumpwork to Japanese embroidery.
- The Dressmaking Studio and The Spring Sewing school, offering dedicated dressmaking workshops.
- The National Needlecraft Awards which take place on the opening day of the show to celebrate achievements in needlecraft. Have you entered?