The Knitting & Stitching Show Harrogate
17 December 2018
The Knitting & Stitching Show is the UK’s biggest event for the textile art, craft and design community. The final show of the year takes place at the Conference Centre in Harrogate every November and is a paradise for passionate textile enthusiasts.
Show staples include galleries by leading textile artists, groups and graduates, over 200 workshops and demonstrations covering every textile craft imaginable (embroidery, dressmaking, goldwork, crochet and needle felting to name a few), drop-in crochet lessons and over 250 specialist craft suppliers from all over the world. With show content aimed at every level of crafter, from complete beginners to seasoned stitchers, there is truly something for everyone.
Knitting and sewing enthusiasts braved the elements to visit the beautiful spa town of Harrogate to visit this unique event which offered:
- Exhibitions of textile art in the Galleries from artists including Anne Kelly, Karen Garfen, Jenni Dutton, John Allen and Diane Grant to name a few.
- The TOFT Edward’s Menagerie collection of amigurumi crochet animals
- A crochet hangout for crafters and Instagram friends to catch up
- A gin trailer where visitors could take a breather and enjoy Harrogate’s own gin!
- Artists in Action hosted by Art Van Go where artists including Pauline Burbidge and Amanda Hislop demonstrated their techniques in a live studio environment.
- The Innovation Station where different brands demonstrated new products and ideas for best results each day
- A knitting drop-in and mindfulness hangout where visitors could escape the crowds and enjoy the benefits of craft on their sense of wellbeing.