The Knitting & Stitching Show, Alexandra Palace
17 December 2018
The Knitting & Stitching Shows are the UK’s biggest events for the textile art, craft and design community. The flagship show takes place at London’s iconic Alexandra Palace each October and is a paradise for passionate textile enthusiasts.
Show staples include galleries by leading textile artists, groups and graduates, over 250 workshops and demonstrations covering every textile craft imaginable (embroidery, dressmaking, goldwork, crochet, needle felting to name a few), drop-in knitting and crochet lessons and over 300 specialist craft suppliers from all over the world. With show content aimed at every level of crafter, from complete beginners to seasoned stitchers, there is truly something for everyone.
Significant investment was made in the Alexandra Palace show’s layout, look and feel in 2018 and a near record 28,000 visitors attended. Visitor feedback for the show’s exciting new content was universally positive, which included:
- A new Premium VIP Ticket package;
- The entire TOFT Edward’s Menagerie collection of 300 amigurumi crochet animals, displayed in the venue’s stunning Palm Court;
- A crochet hangout for crafters and Instagram friends to catch up;
- An Artists in Acton live studio space featuring mixed media artists live at work;
- The Craft Village featuring small boutique companies and comfortable places for visitors to sit and relax;
- The Innovation Station showcase of latest knit and stitch equipment;
- A Knitters’ Café providing advice on how to teach knitting and crafting classes;
- A Prosecco Bar.