VIP Relations Manager
London Art Fair
Fair Director, Marketing Manager
London Art Fair 2018 will be the 30th edition of the Fair which has now extended to include 127 galleries from 17 different countries across the globe presenting the very finest in Modern British and international contemporary art.
‘Celebrating the launch of the art world year’, London Art Fair 2017 welcomed 22,921 people attending over the six days.
UK and internationally based commercial art galleries can exhibit with the Fair, presenting art works for sale that encompass both Modern and Contemporary eras and including the mediums of painting, prints, sculpture, photography, mixed media and moving image.
2018 Show Date:
- 17-21 January
The role of the VIP Relations Manager is to provide bespoke services and programmes for collectors and art professionals with a view to securing their attendance to the fair. The primary focus is the development of the Fairs’ VIP audience, cultivation of collectors through individual outreach, the organization of VIP Programme events, and the cultivation of museum and institutional groups, to lead visits to London Art Fair for their patrons.
- Act as main point of contact for incoming VIP enquiries
- Establish year-round relationships with LAF VIPs
- Data management – development of VIP lists and ensuring existing data is completely accurate and current
- Executing VIP communications – postal and email
- Managing VIP Desk at the Fair
- Overseeing VIP car service
- Liaising with select VIP sponsors and partners
- Representing LAF at key industry events, gallery opening and art fairs – being a visible face of the Fair
- Identifying suitable HNWI, collectors and individuals and approaching
- Managing year round VIP cultivation events – gallery openings, talks, hospitality events
- Establishing year round relationships with patron managers, concierge, members clubs and other agents/consultants
- Assisting LAF team with programming of VIP events – undertaking research, inputting ideas
- Identifying new VIP benefits and potential partners
- Managing the execution of on and offsite VIP events during the week of the Fair – collating guest lists, liaising with guests and hosts/venue
- Managing temporary VIP interns/staff – pre-Fair and onsite
- Well informed about the Modern British and Contemporary art world
- Proven experience of working with HNWIs
- Detailed knowledge and experience of using Excel
- Confident and outgoing, used to networking and experience in outward facing roles
- Well spoken, with great presentation and communication skills
- Proactive in seeking out information on new collectors
- Innovative in their approach, always looking for ways to improve our offering
- Prepared for a fluid role where hands on work outside the immediate scope of the role will be required
- Confidence and initiative to explore own ideas