Sales and Marketing Executive
London Art Fair
Sales Manager, Marketing Manager
London Art Fair 2018 will be the 30th edition of the Fair which has now extended to include 127 galleries from 17 different countries across the globe presenting the very finest in Modern British and international contemporary art.
‘Celebrating the launch of the art world year’, London Art Fair 2017 welcomed 22,921 people attending over the six days.
UK and internationally based commercial art galleries can exhibit with the Fair, presenting art works for sale that encompass both Modern and Contemporary eras and including the mediums of painting, prints, sculpture, photography, mixed media and moving image.
The role of the Sales and Marketing Executive is to understand the market and London Art Fair’s unique sales proposition, to help deliver the sales plan for the event to achieve the stand space target, to support the Fair Manager with efficient database management, administration of contracts and research, and to help ensure exhibiting galleries receive a consistent, high level of customer care from contracting though to the Fair.
The Sales and Marketing Executive must also assist in the planning and delivery of the communications campaign to achieve the right quality, quantity and revenue from visitors and exhibitors, understand the campaign objectives and timescales for the event, and work with the internal team and external suppliers, partners and exhibitors to gain further insights into our customers’ needs and delivering targeted marketing communications to the groups identified in the marketing strategy.
- Support the Fair Manager and Director in the development of the sales plan
- To make sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors as directed by the Fair Manager
- Understand and maintain Filemaker database ensuring information is current & accurate
- Identify new exhibitors via research – web, magazines, competitor Fairs – and add new prospects to Filemaker database
- Production of all sales contracts and chasing return
- Keep floor plans up to date with help of Fair Manager
- Effectively develop and manage customer relationships
- Prepare and manage delivery of welcome packs to exhibitors
- To assist in the planning and delivery of all gallery communications – pre-Fair and onsite
- To liaise directly with exhibitors to ensure they are aware of relevant marketing activity and that they maximise marketing opportunities pre-Fair, onsite and post-event.
- Organise subscriptions to relevant magazines
- Visit existing and potential galleries with the Fair Manager
- Liaise with Business Design Centre Venue Services team on stand plans, lighting and other stand extras
- To support the Marketing Team in the development and implementation of the communications plan in order to achieve the Fair’s objectives
- To work with the Marketing Team to produce targeted and effective marketing collateral
- To help maintain day-to-day relationships with relevant agencies and suppliers including; design, ticketing, print, media buying and PR
- To support the Marketing Team by updating show websites in a timely manner ensuring messages are consistent with offline promotional material
- To help with the delivery of event features (e.g. talks and discussions programme, Photo50, VIP strategy).
- To support the Marketing Team on the delivery of sponsorships, contra agreements, media partnerships and other event partners.
- Help source and collate marketing data (including visitor and exhibitor research) to inform post-show Marketing Report
- Knowledge of art world / gallery sector
- Willingness and ability to sell
- Attention to detail
- Time management including the ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills – telephone, written and face to face
- Organisational skills
- Customer service skills
- Team player
- Capacity to develop and learn new skills
- Self-motivated and open to increased responsibility
- Basic marketing planning experience
- Strong IT skills (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook)
- Commitment and determination
- Confidence and initiative to explore own ideas